The other day a friend emailed and asked, “So, what are you guys doing for Earth Day?” I didn’t know how to respond. I just don’t think about the concept in terms of a single day. But, the question piqued my curiosity, so I did a Google search on the subject. It yielded lots of Earth Day ideas and there were examples of green initiatives for companies large and small. That’s when it occurred to me… One Call Now is a green initiative.
So I fired off an email to my friend. Here’s what it said:
Kudos to all the companies supporting Earth Day! However, we won’t be wearing free t-shirts and posing for photos. We won’t be allocating green funding. And we won’t be talking about green initiatives that fizzle out at the end of the day.
At One Call Now, we’re going to support Earth Day by:
- Contacting hundreds of nurses to offer them shift openings,
- Notifying thousands of parents that their children’s school lunch card balances are low,
- Announcing facility maintenance activities to tens of thousands of residents of managed properties,
- Inviting hundreds of thousands of congregants to special programs at their churches, and
- Sending other reminders and alerts to millions of additional people to ensure they’re protected, informed, and engaged with the people and organizations important to them.
AND we’ll do it without using a single sheet of paper.
Our business is mass notification. We send messages for tens of thousands of businesses, schools, churches and organizations. Every day we deliver millions of messages by voice, text, email and social media… all paperless! Today, to coincide with Earth Day, we’re launching My Call Now, a free mobile app for the millions of people who receive our messages. Another way to eliminate the need for paper when managing life’s details.
My Call Now allows those who receive our messages to organize, calendarize, and share their One Call Now messages right in the app. We think the ability to forward messages will keep folks better informed and increase involvement—great news for organizations large and small.
Some green initiatives die on the vine and companies revert to business as usual. For One Call Now, business as usual is a green initiative. We’re supporting Earth Day 24/7/365.
Join us at onecallnow.com/mobile