Best Practices for Communicating in Inclement Weather
Of the 5.87 million car accidents that happen every year in the U.S., just over 1.3 million are related to weather. That’s nearly 25 percent of all automobile accidents!
The best way to reduce accidents? Keep drivers off the road in inclement weather.
Yes, closures, delays and cancellations can throw a wrench in your organization’s activities. However, reducing risk should be your top priority. Sometimes it’s necessary to give staff instructions to stay home and off the roads.
How do you ensure that everyone receives your closure and delay notices?
One Call Now has been in the business of emergency notification for well over a decade. Through our experience with all types of organizations, we’ve developed a list of best practices for communicating during weather events.
In this webinar, you will learn how to:
- Manage Expectations: Why it’s the first priority in formulating a plan
- Address the Specifics: What to include in an effective inclement weather policy
- Embrace Technology: Learn what simple tools can make your policy easy to implement
- Streamline and Save Time: Time-saving tips for communicating effectively, FAST
- Maximize Your Message: Best practices for creating messages that people remember